finally...

Sunday, May 01, 2005

San Antonio Saturday

Flew 7000 miles from Manila to San Antonio Texas.
Left my Bible in the Religious Reflection Room in Detroit Airport (DTW). Yes, I was reading the Bible and yes there's a religious reflection room in DTW. Actually, I had a 6-hour layover after 20-something hours of wierd sleep patterns. So wher I saw the sign for the reflection room, I thought it was something like a prayer room. It's on the 3rd floor. Have to take a slow-moving service elevator to get there. It was a carpeted room, bare with carpeting and chairs and markings of North, South, East and West. I stayed in the room hoping to sleep but decided to read the Bible and pray instead. It was refreshing as well. Played the hymns combined with classical music from my laptop and danced (gracefully, although there was no mirror --- i felt graceful:)).

I am now in San Antonio. Figured out I forgot to pack my work pumps so went to the North Star Mall to buy a pair. I had my shoes for pants but it doesn't match the business skirts I brought. and I brought a lot of skirts which are lighter to pack. Bought a steam iron also. Planning to look totally professional for our business meetings here in San Antonio. So tomorrow will be "plantsa day".

Have to tell the funny story about buying the steam iron. It was being sold by a couple of Italians in a tiangge type of way. They demonstrate how the steam iron works. I dropped by and watched the demo with a couple who ended up purchasing one piece. I walked away to think about it and came back a few hours later ready to buy. As I was talking to the other Italian salesman, this woman got my attention to warn me about buying the product because it caused brown stains to appear on her new white blouse which she steamed using the iron. Now, she's asking for her money back but there's a no refund policy. I ended up buying anyway. Hope I didn't get conned. As long as it works on my clothes and doesn't destroy anything...We'll find out tomorrow.

Did some work, ate some chinese take out. watch csi: (but it's miami) and now I am sleepy. Going to church tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home