finally...

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My day...

My day...

Planned to wake up in time for the sunrise and head on to Js tapsilogan for breakfast before hitting the gym. Good plan? Well it remained a plan. What really happened was...

Lazed around. Watched American Pie 2 (not too nice) then went to the gym. I can dance! There's this group exercise called Latin where you learn to shake your hips and move to the music while getting your low-impact cardio workout. It was fun. Since this is the 3rd time I've joined the class, I'm catching on. It's fun:) After having numb triceps due to dumbell extensions and kickbacks, my stomach growled. Decided to check out Idea Italia. It's an Italian reso in Ayala Center Cebu that got good reviews. Not from me, though. Let me voice out my lunch briefly.

Walked in to the resaturant without any server asking to seat me even though there were 2 of them at the door. Strike one. They served sliced French bread with butter. The bread was not warm and so I requested it to be heated. Server came back with the still cool bread a few minutes later saying, "Our oven is busy". Strike two. As I was getting the bill, there was extra charge for the parmesan cheese I asked for my spaghetti al pesto which surprised me since no mention was made at the time of request. Strike three. You're out! In short, it could've been good food but the bad service didn't sit well with me. Other minor points that will make the restaurant better: menu was left on the table rather than being handed to guest already opened, servers were not facing the guests, no suggestion box.

But it is a good day. I had my Italian fix. Now I had to run some errands before sleeping to transition to working the night shift. Took the jeep to SM Cebu to get my ticket to Manila booked. There was a line. As I was debating whether to wait the 40 minutes for my turn or just come back another day, I walked around and did 2 things for the first time: wall climbed and asked about Contiki tours. Yes, I climbed a wall, scraped my knee in the process, felt my heart pound halfway up the wall and came down weak-kneed. It was an exhilirating experience. I had always wanted to try climbing. Now I have! I have always wanted to go Contiki tours as well. While waiting for my turn, I inquired with a travel agency about it. Now I have a brochure and price range to see if I can afford it. I'm thinking of the European camping tour while I can still join. Contiki is only open to 18-35 year olds.

Overall it was a good day.

P.S. Here's a highlight of my weekend:
1. Breathed the fresh air and was awed by the scene from TOPs last Friday.
2. Ate ngohiong from Ngohiong Express. Ate DaVinci's Pizza, yum - better than JCA. Oh, I mentioned that in the last blog - oops. I'm happy to cross out names from my list resto's to try in Cebu. There are a lot more. My condition being to eat at places not found in Manila.
3. Saw some etel peeps who surprised Papa Alvs on their first year anniversary with a party. Some of my former students were there. I knew their faces, couldn't remember some names...Sorry;P
4. Went to Jamaican Nights, the annual Cebu beach party. Had no ticket, took a chance. It was a different experience. Too loud for me though.
5. Attended church in GCF Cebu. Time of reflection. Recharged and reenergized.
6. Walked to Tsibogs and had seafood kebab, puso and 2 glasses of buko juice for less than 100php. Also, Keempee de Leon, Sunshine Dizon and Francine Prieto had lunch there too. Ang payat nila!
7. Played Bingo in SM. First-time experience. Sat beside a kind Cebuana who showed me the ropes. Did not win anything. Maybe next time, if there's a next time.
8. Got a 10% discount at Mr. Quickie because it was sale in SM. Took the jeep home. Finally found the terminal.
9. Missed the PAL office by 30 mins. Oh well, if it were open I wouldn't have been able to wall-climb.
10. That's all folks! te--nene-nenenenene, ta da da da ---- da da...(just imagine the looney tunes theme)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home